The Institute of Special Pedagogy and Psychology is a modern, highly competitive educational institution. Such a reputation is created through its active, socially-oriented research activities, significant scientific potential. In the Institute the experts represent their creative ideas and conduct active research work. The Faculty includes 17 Doctors and 64 Candidates of Sciences. Many of them are recognized by national and international scientific community. Works of Lyudmila Mikhailovna Shipitzina, President of the Institute, Honored worker of science of the Russian Federation, Doctor of Biology, Professor, are well known in the Russian Federation and abroad.
Fundamental scientific research of the Institute is devoted to
- mental development of persons with disabilities at modern social and cultural conditions;
- psychological prevention and correction of dependencies, addictions and socially dangerous diseases, including drug addiction, alcoholism, HIV-infections, etc.;
- the problems of children in situations of crises and local military conflicts, providing them with psychological support;
- psychological features of children with deviant behavior;
- innovative technologies for adaptive physical culture.
- In addition to fundamental research , the Institute solves numerous applied problems. The Institute successfully completed the research projects «Chernobyl Children», «Children of Russia», «Children of Beslan», «Disabled Children», «Children-Orphans», «Safe Maternity», etc.
The scientists of the Institute have been pioneers in solving the problems of psychological-pedagogical prevention of drug abuse and juvenile rehabilitation of drug addicts in high school, in the development of the concept of prevention of HIV/AIDS among children and adolescents in high school.
The results of the research of the Institute are well-known outside the country. The staff of the Institute carry out research projects jointly with specialists from Belgium, Great Britain, Germany, Denmark, Italy, the Netherlands, USA, Sweden, Finland, South Korea and other countries. The international projects actively involve post-graduate students and students.
Scientific achievements of the Institute are highly estimated by the Government of the Russian Federation and the scientific community. In the past few years the Institute is one of the regular leaders among the 100 best higher educational institutions of Russia as the best socially-oriented University.
Аn international workshop on prevention of trafficking of minors
Аn international workshop on prevention of trafficking of minors took place in the building of Kalinisky district administration ( Small Conference Hall), St. Petersburg , in September 3-4, 2014. Read more...
Prevention of trafficking in St. Petersburg
Аn international workshop on prevention of trafficking of minors will take place in the building of Kalinisky district administration ( Conference Hall), St. Petersburg , in September 3-4, 2014. Address: 13\1 Arsenalnaya emb. The workshop is organized within the framework of the project "Prevention of trafficking of teenagers in the Northern Dimension Region", held by the Information Office of Nordic Council of Ministers in St. Petersburg , in partnership with the Institute of Special Education and Psychology and ANO " Center for International and information exchanges in the field of human rights "Enlaitment ." Experts in a field of prevention among youth and adolescents from St. Petersburg and experts from Denmark , Sweden, Norway and Estonia will participate in the seminar. Participants will discuss ways to work with teenagers, aimed at preventing of trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation , they will also share their practical experience . Seminar materials and guide will be distributed among conference participants. Wishing to participate in the seminars, please contact Director of ANO " Center for International and information exchanges in the field of human rights "Enlaitment " Larisa Gareeva : tel.+79112190896, e-mail email@example.com - deadline 1st of September.Read more...
- IV international forum «The enviroment without limitations in a school and society» Read more... Other projects